Enrollment FAQ's

  • Decrease Text Size
  • Increase Text Size

New students who live within OSD attendance boundaries will need to complete the Olympia School District application for student enrollment forms and submit them to their neighborhood school. For more information, please call your school office or the district administration building at (360) 596-6113.

When does the 2024-25 school year begin?


  • Grades 1-12 -TBD

  • Kindergarten -TBD


Does Olympia School District offer full-day kindergarten?

All kindergarten classes are full-day programs.

What time does school start and end for my child?

Verify with your child's school on exact start and end times. Visit our school hours page for more information.

What about lunch?

Visit OSD's Child Nutritional Services for information on meal payment, qualification for free or reduced meals, menus, and District nutrition in our schools.

How do I get my child set up with busing?

If your child will be riding the bus to and/or from school, please fill out the Kindergarten Transportation Enrollment Form. Our Transportation Department will contact you before school starts to discuss pickup and drop-off times and other pertinent busing information.

We encourage you to discuss safety and bus rules with your child in preparation for the start of school. Please read OSD bus rules for more information.

What if my child has a life-threatening condition?

If your child has a life-threatening condition, as defined below, you are required by state law (RCW 28A.210.320) to provide the school with a completed and signed medical treatment plan and any medication that may be required.  This plan and any required medication are required to be in place prior to your child attending school.

By state law, a life-threatening condition means “a health condition that will put the child in danger of death during the school day if medication or treatment orders are not in place.

What if my student does not speak English?

Students who enroll with the Olympia School District and indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the Multilingual Learner Program.

This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.

Does the Olympia School District offer alternative/options programs?

Please visit our Educational Programs page for more information about our K-12 learning programs.

How is enrollment information being used?


The enrollment form provides important information that allows OSD to:


  • Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.
  • Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.
  • Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.
  • Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.
  • Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.
  • Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.